Join us from July 11-17, 2021
Calling all students interested in radio, television, journalism and public relations! With support of faculty and student mentors, you'll create a digital portfolio throughout this weeklong program.
Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU faculty and produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast. Learn the art of on-air interviewing, unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite, use production and editing software, and practice journalistic writing and formats.
Students entering grades 10-12 are invited to register.
Highlights of the week
- Network with industry professionals, Susquehanna faculty and current communications students
- Create a digital portfolio of your week's work
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast
- Take an off-campus trip to a multimedia facility
- Unwind with two pizza parties
- Experience life in college residence halls and three meals a day in Evert Dining Room
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors
- Learn basic professional writing skills and formats
- Discover the important components of your discipline (radio, television, journalism, public relations)
- Unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite and learn how to create polished print materials
- Attend an etiquette dinner
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing
- Better understand the use of social media in a professional setting
- Develop knowledge of editing and production software and understand the creative approaches needed for successful video content
The $875 Comprehensive fee includes room, meals and all program materials.
- Must be registered by June 25
Scholarships are available based on financial need and academic performance. No full-tuition scholarships are available.
A letter from your guidance counselor, indicating your eligibility for free/reduced lunch or other measure(s) of financial need, is required for scholarship consideration.
All registrations must be submitted no later than June 25.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to your arrival on campus.
With recent faster-spreading variants — especially those more severely affecting young adults and children — Susquehanna University instituted vaccination protocols for the health and safety of its students, faculty, staff and guests.
- All students residing on campus over the summer, including high school students who participate in pre-college programs, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the time they arrive on campus. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least two weeks after the final dose.
- The minimum age for getting vaccinated is determined by each COVID-19 vaccine. For the list of approved vaccinations and their age indications and schedule, visit this CDC page.
- A copy of the student’s COVID-19 vaccination card must be submitted with the required medical form (accessible from each program page).
If you have questions regarding the summer vaccination requirement, email Michelle Harman at email@example.com or call 570-372-4451.
*Participant safety is our highest priority. Susquehanna University reserves the right to cancel Summer Pre-College Programs if necessary in order to comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations.