A sustainable future starts with you.
Make an impact in your community by investing in a sustainable tomorrow.
An increasing number of large corporations are looking for someone like you to help their company become more environmentally and socially responsible for future generations. At Susquehanna, the sustainability management minor is open to all students looking to make an impact in their communities and the world.
You'll learn the science behind sustainability and how it can be integrated into business decisions.
Sustainability is vital to our future.
Whether you are a business or science major, a sustainability management minor will help you gain the necessary skills to make change inside of companies through transparent sustainability accounting and reporting.
Students graduating with a minor in sustainability management will:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the interconnected nature of the economy, environment and society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the scientific principles underlying sustainability and their application to environmental issues.
- Synthesize sustainability models and business practices to propose changes to organizational practices.
- Articulate the ethical reasoning behind corporate social responsibility.
A Susquehanna education provides students with flexibility in coursework so they can conduct research, intern and study abroad. When it comes to your major, you’ll begin taking classes in your chosen program of study in your first year.
Here are some of the courses that sustainability management minors take in their first few semesters at Susquehanna.
- Principles of Management
- Managing for Sustainability
- Environmental Science
- Sustainability and Society
Download the current course catalog on this page to see the full list of classes and course descriptions for Susquehanna’s majors.
Many corporations of all sizes are looking to add people to their team who can help their business become more sustainable.
You can utilize a minor in sustainability management in a multitude of fields. Specifically, a sustainablity education will develop your skills in these jobs:
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability Reporting and Assurance Manager
- Sustainability Analyst
- Environmental Compliance and Sustainability Manager
- Green Practices and Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability and Responsible Business Strategy Manager
- Manager, Sustainability and ESG
- Energy Manager