Learn, train and thrive
Learn the essentials of digital and new media and gain real-life experience as a broadcaster — in front of or behind the camera — at Susquehanna. You’ll gain a holistic view of visual storytelling with our interdisciplinary minors, like film studies, to gain a better understanding of important topics in today’s world.
Learn principles of writing, ethics of communications, theories of traditional and digital media, and what it means to be a communications professional. Then, team up with others to learn tenets of broadcast media and professional communication. At Susquehanna, you will use the latest video and audio production equipment to practice videography, digital editing, writing for new media, commercial production and on-air procedures.
Evolve from a budding video storyteller to a well-rounded broadcast professional. You’ll amass experience in the field — broadcasting sports, creating commercials or shooting interviews — while you craft your own artistic vision. There are lots of opportunities for you to be involved, especially LensFlare, a group of students who create promotional and instructional videos for other students or faculty and staff.
Many broadcasting students take advantage of internships and study-abroad opportunities to gain a unique worldview of broadcast media. Before you leave Susquehanna, you will build a professional portfolio that will put you a level above the competition in your career field.
A Susquehanna education provides students with flexibility in coursework so they can conduct research, intern and study abroad. When it comes to your major, you’ll begin taking classes in your chosen program of study in your first year.
Here are some of the courses that broadcasting majors take in their first few semesters at Susquehanna.
- Fundamentals of Digital Video Production
- Audio Production and Media Performance
- Essentials of Digital Media
- Methods of Adobe Creative Suite
Download the current course catalog on this page to see the full list of classes and course descriptions for Susquehanna’s majors.
You will be ready to take on top-level jobs at media outlets and corporations with your Susquehanna education. Our communication graduates have landed jobs with:
- ABC 27 WHTM
- Fox 29 WTXF-TV
- Hollywood Media Corporation
- National Geographic Society
- Rockstar San Diego
- Sapient Nitro
- Six Flags America
- Tiffany & Co.
Susquehanna offers a plethora of opportunities for you to practice your broadcasting skills and connect with communications students from all disciplines.
- WQSQ-FM—campus radio station
- LensFlare—creating instructional videos for students and staff on campus
- Alpha Epsilon Rho—national broadcasting honor society
- Lambda Pi Eta—official honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA)
- Flagship—publication for creartive work and photography
- The Lanthorn—Susquehanna’s yearbook
- The Quill—student newspaper
- TRAX—student-run entertainment venue